return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Update on Female Henk

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Uroplatus Geckos ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: viper69 at Mon Feb 13 22:55:29 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by viper69 ]  

Upon coming back from the bet..she went into shed..and shed away all the bumps basically. The day before actualy they started to go down then she shed them away..the region where they were is a bit lighter in pigment..but no bumps

She's bee on an antibiotic, but no longer likes it..I used to put a drop on her mouth and she'd lick it..NOW she completely shakes her head back and forth violently like a dog..and absolutely hates the stuff..So I water her down, hoping I can "zap" some right when she's licking water..sometimes it works, sometimes not.

She looks good, is perkier, and certainly is now sleeping during the day and awake at nite, back to normal.

I HOPE she makes it through..She has not eaten much lately, MAYBE a cricket..She however is CERTAINLY interested in them as she watches them move each nite..I only put in about 3.

Before getting sick, she would eat 8 readily in front of me..She's a bit shy at the moment...

But I think she's on the mend.

I personally think what did the trick was swabbing her bumps down twice a day w/diluted betadine, and her own immune system. She was barely on the antibiotic and she was already showing signs of improvement..and the betadine seemed to kick that into high gear.

I just hope she makes it completely..and there's no outbreak again.

Thanks for everyone's help.
-----
Uroplatus sikorae 1.1
Uroplatus henkeli
Ball python
Hogg Island Boa Constrictor
Several species of tarantula

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  ceramic balls for incubating - jerrytresser, Tue Feb 14 20:33:04 2006
<< Previous topic:  New Henk. cage addition - flamedcrestie, Fri Feb 10 19:55:52 2006