return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

Need Advice -WC Cali King at Work

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to California Kingsnakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: cindygurl60 at Sat Mar 18 21:32:12 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by cindygurl60 ]  

I just started a new job & found last Friday that they have a California Kingsnake in the back, in the "bay" where they work on the Police & Emergency vehicles. He looks to be close to a year old maybe, they said he's been in the tank (10 gallon) for about 4 months. He's been shedding (the skin is all over the tank ugh!) and eating frozen pinkies but he so upset, so unhappy! As soon as I gave my opinion that 'this is wrong, he should have never been taken from the wild and put in this cage' the guys gave me dirty looks. But I own snakes and do NOT believe in taking them from the wild and forcing captivity on them. Is it too late to try to get him released back where he was found or do you think he'd be able to return to stalking and killing again? If there is a chance he can survive, I'm going to figure some way to get him released, even if I have to take him and say I left the lid open by accident! I've had King Snakes and Rosy Boas for 20 years and just don't believe in WC and if you could see this guy, he's so UPSET, you'd agree he that his (healthy) life has just been shortened considerably. The cage is unclean, God only knows the last time his water was changed and it just kills me. He is so beautiful!!! Oh yeah, I have to share how he came to be in this cage...this woman at work said they saw the King in their back yard and he 'was so small and obviously had lost his mama and was orphaned, they had to put him in a cage and save his life" !! Doh! I'm sorry for the super long message but I am really burdened over this snake. Am I worrying for nothing? Is it legal to catch a Cali King and keep it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Great Advice & Here's The Next Question - cindygurl60, Sun Mar 19 11:24:47 2006
<< Previous topic:  CalKing Health Data - wftright, Sat Mar 18 18:54:18 2006