return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: views on rescues

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Rescue Discussion ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: pythonis at Mon Mar 20 01:45:18 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by pythonis ]  

well i agree with you on some things but first of all im shocked that anyone would ever use DHL ("delivers hours late" to ship after the track record they have. it isnt against the law to ship animals through overnight shipping companies provided you have a specific account. yes it is illegal to mail them through the post office but not through a shipping company.

second, what do you mean by "make a profit"? i thought we were discussing rescues not businesses. a rescue should not be trying to make a profit or even break even. a rescue should use the money out of their own pockets (not meaning money from contributions but from earning money at an actual job) and when someone comes and says "i want to adopt this animal" the response from the rescue should be "here is the animal. i have gotten it back into good health. please care for it as much as i have or more." no money needed or asked for. contributions if you accept them but to charge is just wrong. even if it is just to "help with the business". to some people all they want is to adopt the animal in question and that is it. they dont care about your business or the rest of the animals. all they want is to adopt that animal and give lots of time and attentuion to it...not your "business" (oh im sorry...rescue)
-----

1.1.0 Colombian Redtail Boas
2.1.0 Sumatran Blood Pythons
1.0 Black Blood Python
1.0 Dumeril's Boa
0.1 Coastal Carpet Python
0.1 Jungle Carpet Python
0.1 Surinam Redtail Boa

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: views on rescues - Katrina, Mon Mar 20 05:51:08 2006

<< Previous Message:  RE: views on rescues - Katrina, Sun Mar 19 17:43:53 2006