return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Red Leg In African Dwarf Frogs

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Clawed Frogs/Surinam Toads ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: mflossem at Fri Mar 24 07:22:31 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by mflossem ]  

We have had our ADF for almost 3 years, and he had been thriving and doing well up until this past month. His right "hand" fell off, and then his arm tissue slowly started to disintegrate. I took him to the vet who did not hold out much hope. I got an anti-biotic from the vet to inject into his bloodworms, but he doesn't seem to want to eat the medicated worms. He is starting to get a little lethargic, and stays up near the top of the tank now. I have also tried Melafix in the water but that doesn't seem to be helping. (Additionally, I even tried adding a couple little aquarium salt crystals for healing purposes as suggested on a different site, to no avail.) The disease looks like it may be in its earliest stage on one of his back legs as of this morning. I know the end is near, but is he in pain, and should we euthanize? If so, what is the best method? I was going to just try to keep him comfortable for his remaining days, but I don't want to see him suffer, if there is pain involved. He's so precious! Thanks for any advice!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

• You Are HereRed Leg In African Dwarf Frogs - mflossem, Fri Mar 24 07:22:31 2006

>> Next topic:  African Dwarf Frogs and Simease Fighting - sportygurl3392, Mon Apr 3 09:51:16 2006
<< Previous topic:  African Aquatic Dwarf Frog Question - caj0030, Thu Mar 23 15:48:55 2006