return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: views on rescues

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Rescue Discussion ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: pythonis at Sat Mar 25 14:32:32 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by pythonis ]  

to jiffy: i can see your point. however, to the person wanting to adopt the animal they see it like this. you got the animal with the sole intention of adopting it out. you chose to feed it, nurse it, house it, so on and so forth. nobody said you had to. that was your own decision.if a person adopts a reptile from you is it not a relief that you now have less coming out of your pocket? if it doesnt matter to you how much comes out of your pocket then why take in the animals? This is to say that I think a lot of people get in over their heads when it comes to running a shelter. now i have no problems paying an adoption fee as long as it is within reason. i agree with the previous poster about adoption fees for (example) redtails being $100 when he can go to the petstore and buy one for $80. a person that lists an adoption (piebald for instance) with a fee of $3500 is just going to get laughed at.

now maybe i say these things because i am an honest person. I dont feel the need to pay a (mandatory) adoption fee but rather a voluntary one based on how I feel towards the person. If i visit them and see them eating peanut butter sandwhiches while all of their animals have nice clean well heated and clean cages and all in good health then yes i will gladly give a decent donation. however, if i see them eating tbone steaks on fine china while watching a 56" HDTV with surround sound while the reptiles are living in their own excrement in dark tanks and no water, then i will not give a penny.
-----

1.1.0 Colombian Redtail Boas (normals)
2.1.0 Sumatran Blood Pythons (normals)
1.0 Black Blood Python (normal)
1.0 Dumeril's Boa (normal)
0.1 Coastal Carpet Python (normal)
0.1 Jungle Carpet Python (normal)
0.1 Surinam Redtail Boa (normal)

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  GBR Press: Tort that could live to 160 - W von Papineäu, Sun Apr 30 09:47:09 2006
<< Previous topic:  views on rescues - pythonis, Sun Mar 19 03:43:01 2006