return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Tokay lost tail, weird substance on tip

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Tokay Geckos ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: dakman at Tue May 30 21:52:39 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by dakman ]  

First off if the male is with the female I will bet that he tried to mate, she refused and a small fight followed inwhich he bit her tail off. Maybe ate it or its in the tank bottom somewhere. If shes not with the male then that is a great mistery.
The tail will heal, your descrition sounds normal to me. Depending on how fat the tail was and where it was severed at will depend on how it grows back. If the tail was very fat and she lost about half of it, it may grow back just a little short stump. Most the time they grow back long and besides a little color difference you can hardly tell.
I've never kept records of these types of events but it should be done growing back within a couple months. within a couple weeks you should see signs of new growth or sooner. Be sure to give plenty of vitamins and calcium to help with the new growth.
-----
My posts and replies are my experiences only
1.2.15 Tokays
1.4.10 Leos(13 albino)
1.2.0 AFT's(amel male)
0.2.0 Stenodactylus Petrii(Dune Geckos)

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Tokay lost tail, weird substance on - antonm, Wed May 31 03:20:27 2006

<< Previous Message:  Tokay lost tail, weird substance on tip - antonm, Tue May 30 18:11:15 2006