return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Algaecide and Turtles

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Painted Turtles ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: piffler1960 at Sun Jul 9 16:02:43 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by piffler1960 ]  

I use a FOOD grade hydrogen peroxide, NOT the regular peroxide you have in the bathroom, this stuff is actually a wash for fruits and veggies and is very safe. I use it to clean my tanks and the turtles algae covered rocks, sometimes you need to scrub with a little brush or toothbrush. I also use it on my turtles shell. He has a tendency to get algae growth on his shell. I use a little food grade hydrogen peroxide on a q-tip and it cleans him up. I get a big bottle(32oz) for about $7.00, check the health section at a grocery store or else any health food store. If you want to e-me I can give you the web site of the stuff I use, I don't think I'm allowed to post it here. And the food grade hydrogen peroxide can be used for cuts or any injuries on the turtle, fungus and what ever ails it.

You might also want to get another basking site and alternate between the two, let one dry out in the sun for several days and switch them back and forth...I do that with our rocks...you can also clean with baking soda and very hot water. Hope these tips help-it's kept Squirt and Gus happy!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Algaecide and Turtles - emswench138, Mon Jun 26 10:54:21 2006