return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Chameleon . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Skink . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - May 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - June 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - June 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - June 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

Interesting Observations........part 1

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Mountain/Tree Dragons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: theverse at Sat Aug 19 22:44:45 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by theverse ]  

This is just a post detailing some observations that I've been making with my animals............here goes!

1. Since adding the bit of extra heat, nothing so far......surprise surprise.........
2. This one is particulary interesting...........I've been supplying a steady run of crickets, some get popped quickly, while others get no attention. Now here is the interesting part. Today while watching my animals up in their tree, they will watch the crickets as they huddle around each other under the 25 watt lamp I'm supplying. The animals will make no attempt at a relatively easy snack. However, there were a few crickets that had fallen into the water dish, and completely turned over. Now these crickets made somewhat of an attempt at escaping to no avail. As soon as the dragons(one at a time)noticed this, they would fall down to the ground, run into the dish and pop the cricket. This happend on twice today, and it really gets me wondering. Are they more interested in eating out of a dish, then to catch free roaming crickets? This really is perplexing me, and I just can't get over it.

Does anyone have any idea's for this type of behavior? Marcia, did you feed these animals crickets out of a dish? I'm still learning about these animals, but I find their behaviors interesting to say the least!

Trying to get everyone thinking, maybe you can all post interesting observations that you've made.

Anthony

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  changing cages to potting soil... - SNAKEMAN12345, Mon Aug 21 01:02:33 2006
<< Previous topic:  To Jobi, regarding Environment - theverse, Sat Aug 19 09:50:35 2006