return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

Yes, the picture looks like it

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Escaped & Lost Herps ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: codinqueen at Sun Aug 27 12:54:58 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by codinqueen ]  

He did not let us "take him"...when we tried to shoo him (with a folded newspaper as I was afraid he would bite us) into an empty 30 lb cat litter container (like a big bucket) to try to hang onto him for someone who may have lost him, he jumped off the brick wall, grazed my leg, and waddled/ran like heck to the hedges, where he promptly disappeared into the vegetation and became very silent. I think he knew we were looking for him in the hedges and sat perfectly still so as not to make any noise!

We feed a stray outside cat canned &/or kibble cat food where he was found yesterday, and I think he may have been eating that even though they are supposed to be vegetarians...there's a "trail" in my lawn exactly where he ran that looks like maybe he has been here in my hedges awhile, eating my tomatoes and their leaves, as well as the catfood. The neighbor has a fishpond in her back yard with lots of tropical foliage and is overrun by frogs and snakes so there is plenty here to eat. I will post a few signs in the neighborhood, but if his owner wants him, I call him "Ernesto Verde Iguana" after the Hurricane spawned yesterday) he will have to be found & caught. I'm assuming owners of lizards can call their pets and the lizards come to be given food and can be caught???? Someone told me they are territorial, so I am assuming he is living in the hedges for now. It has been very hot and mostly dry but humid here in the Panhandle of Florida, and this area is considered Wetlands.
Thanks for the pic and response!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Found In Jefferson Parish Louisiana - wildtropics, Tue Sep 19 22:21:12 2006
<< Previous topic:  R.I.P. my friends.. - Slizarus, Sat Aug 26 18:34:06 2006