return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Pic did not work... one more pic try

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Viperidae ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: phobos at Tue Sep 5 19:01:27 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by phobos ]  

Nice animals

Mitch always has great specimens. Mine was from Marty Peidl and 03 baby.

Keep in mind that Gabbys and especially Rhinos are deep rainforest snakes not accustom to direct sunlight. The Rhinos stress very very easily and then die. Put the Rhino in it's cage, in subdued lighting and try not to disturb it. Mine only comes out of his cage for a weight every 6 months or if he needs a soak. Put lots of silk plants and a natural substrate in it's cage. He should do fine. And for heavens and YOUR sake never put your hands in the cage with them in it. They will get you!! These was a recent fatality from a Rhino bite, even with A/V. The "experienced" but now dead keeper reached in for the water bowl.

Feel free to contact me for any other questions.

See my video of them and others in action. Bitis are so damn fast you have no chance of escape. Just think if the hook (in the video) was your arm or hand. They always surprise you as she did this time with me. She had never done that in the 3 years since her birth.

Here's some fangs she shed a few weeks ago. The scale is MM, 25.4mm/inch

Gabby

-----
"I'm a lone rhinoceros there ain't one hell of a lots of us
left in this world." Adrian Belew, 1982

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  ? for people keeping eyelash vipers - viperkeeper, Thu Aug 31 01:00:02 2006
<< Previous topic:  IE Press x2: Viper slips into Ireland - W von Papineäu, Tue Aug 29 16:15:08 2006