return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Farewell Steve Irwin and Thank you.

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Steve Irwin Memorial ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: nexus373 at Tue Sep 5 13:21:45 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by nexus373 ]  

My thoughts and prayers go out to Steve Irwin's family and close friends. Such a tragic loss to you and the world that cannot be adequately put into words.

Sept. 4th, 2006 will be a day remembered for all of us that loved animals and especially reptiles, as the day we lost a great warrior for wildlife conservation and especially for those Unloveable animals that he so deeply cared for.

"Flat out .. like a lizard drinkin", thats one of the ways he described himself. He was larger than life and lived it to the fullest... he set an awesome example for everyone who'd ever seen him IRL or thru his shows. Thru his love for those animals that popular culture deemed "unloveable" and to be feared or hated, he raised awareness for ALL animals and nature and that they are a precious resource that needs to be saved and cherished.

When I heard of his passing I was shocked and then as I watched the first tribute on Animal Planet on Monday .. I cried.
I regret that I didnt have the chance to meet him IRL but because of his TV shows and his passion for saving and helping animals I have a love and deep respect for Mr. Irwin.
Over the last few years I watched a lot of Steves shows and because of his knowledge and passion for reptiles I am a better herptoculturist because of him. My deepest thanks Steveo

I read a clip about a person in the animal control business that basically said " I've gotten calls from people to come remove snakes that the people probably normally would have just killed but because of Steve Irwin's influence they called to get the animals re located."
And thats just one small example of how greatly Steve Irwin affected the world.

Thank you to his parents in molding the Wildlife Warrior he became and to his family and close friends for helping him achieve what he did .. he touched the world. And with his passion and knowledge he made the world a better place.

Thank you Steveo .... you will be greatly missed
But you will live on forever in our hearts, thoughts and memories.
You leave behind some big boots to fill but those of us that love animals as you did will do our best to carry on your mission.

G'day mate and rest in peace.
-----
Pete

1- 0.1 Boa Constrictor
1- 1.0 Patternless Green Burm
1- 0.1 Pueblan Milksnake - Apricot phase
1- 0.0.1 Honduran Milksnake - Tangerine phase
1- 1.0 Ball Python
1- 0.1 Rainbow Boa
1- 0.0.1 Cornsnake - Blood

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]