return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Elaphe dione "BABY"

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Asian & European Ratsnakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: ratsnakehaven at Sun Sep 24 19:20:52 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by ratsnakehaven ]  

>>Hi Terry
>>I was afraid for my animals at Hamm and do consider about being on the Autum show again. I sold NADA, nothing, nix there anyway, but I saw my animals troubled bye the heat......
>>My dione are preparing for the winter meaning they eat a lot much more than in the summer. As you know I "only" keep coldstanding species, and I prefer to have a long and cold hibernation. I actually almost newer loose any animals in hibernation ( I have more than 200 there for 5-7 months), and that gives me the brake to calm down and gain the strength for another year.
>>Starting the hobby as a child, I have kept reptiles for 39 years now. I actually believe that the hibernation time has allowed me to stay here and not quit like almost all my friends from back then.
>>It should be Autum here now but we still have 25*C during the daytime and many animas are active outside. Today I found a "marked" Natrix natrix natrix 2 years old comming back to the place of its first hibernation and place of hatching. This is one of the things I like to study. Noone ever made any investigation about snakes comming back to the place they hatched ( as far as I know) I find that interesting and absolutely something to look into.

>>Best wishes
>>Søe

Greetings again, Soe.

Sorry it was so hot at Hamm and you didn't sell any animals. We have the opposite problem here in Michigan, it is cold, and I go to a reptile show (NRBC-Tinley) in two weeks. I don't know if I'll sell any, but want to see the show anyway. It's about a six hour drive from my house to Chicago. You live in Denmark, correct?

I love the area I'm in and have enjoyed many years watching reptiles and amphibians on our mini-farm and in Northern Michigan, but I've been living and herping here for over fifty years and am getting ready to retire. I'll be moving someplace where it's much warmer (Arizona), so I'm starting to sell off my cold-tolerant species, and I'm getting a collection started of more warm-loving species, such as corns, GPR's, and kings. What Eurasian snakes I plan to take with me are the South Korean dione, bimaculatas, and situlas. I probably won't have any others left by next summer.

I enjoy your posts and info about how you keep your snakes. Those new dione are very nice. Keep us posted on those.

Best Regards....Terry

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: Elaphe dione "BABY" - Søe Pedersen, Sat Sep 23 18:12:52 2006