return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

My Armata group (well, most of them!)

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Mountain/Tree Dragons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: FroggieB at Wed Sep 13 18:59:10 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by FroggieB ]  

Well, I finally took those pics of my armata that I have been promising for some time now. Since Jobi wanted some pics of the capra I though it was a good time to get the rest of the group documented while I was at it.

I commented the other day that since I added the heat source they are all looking so much prettier. Well, here is the proof. These animals were pretty dark except when stressed before but now this is what I see every time I open their viv!

This is the dominant female, she is the least colorful but is still a very pretty reddish brown. I think she is still very pretty and her scales are like jewels.

This is the second most dominant female. She is my favorite as far as colors go. I don’t even know what color would describe her. She sometimes looks almost blue-gray, others she looks sort of bluish-green. Her webbing is definitely in the reddish-brown tones. Very striking!

This is the shyest female. She hides most of the time and this was one of the rare occasions where she was out front and center. This is what the male used to look like without the heat source. She used to look brown.

And last, but not by any means least, here is the male. He has really blossomed since I added the light bulb. His color is always fluorescent and bright! He also has quite the temper. I only have to get within 5-6 inches of him and he lunges and hisses. He actually jumped at me while I was taking the photos! ; )

So, that’s the 4 largest armata. The other 3 are still a bit illusive and hard to find. I’m hoping they respond soon as I have added the bulb to their viv as well.

-----
Marcia - FroggieB Dragons
www.froggieb.com/MHDHome.html

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: My Armata group (well, most of them!) - jobi, Wed Sep 13 19:34:28 2006