return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

question about het x het & offspring

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Morph Discussion ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: crocodile_king at Sat Sep 16 23:05:46 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by crocodile_king ]  

when breeding albino hetero to albino hetero I understand that you will produce ....

25% albino, 50% albino hetero and 25% normal ... Correct?

When you breed a very rare and valuable species, one obviously wouldnt have any problem knowing which are albino, but with regards to the albino hetero's and the normals there is no way to tell which is which correct?

Ok, so lets the albino babies produced are worth $10,000.00 each, the hetero babies are worth say $3,500.00 each and the normal babies are worth say $300.00

How would you work that because if the hetero babies are worth $3,500.00 you wouldnt want to sell them for $300.00 .... and you wouldnt want to sell someone a normal baby for $3,500.00 thinking its a hetero

How do you work that out ????

The prices I quoted above are just examples, im just trying to figure out what the fair and correct way to sell these babies would be

Im looking into buying some rare albino hetero's for a breeding project, odds are that once I start producing babies I will hold back the albino's that i produce the first few years to build up a breeding group ... BUT ... im looking at spending BIG money to get the original albino hetero pair and I would like to try and at least sell the hetero and normal babies that are produced to try and get back some of the initial investment, I dont want to basicly give away the hetero's but I dont want to rip anyone off by sending them a normal by mistake thinking its a hetero

Im new to the whole morph thing so advise would be appreciated.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: question about het x het & offspring - Araysnakes, Wed Sep 27 20:17:49 2006
>> Next Message:  RE: question about het x het & offspring - Araysnakes, Fri Sep 29 08:24:48 2006
>> Next Message:  RE: question about het x het & offspring - rainbowsrus, Fri Oct 6 11:44:13 2006