return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Roaches!!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Horned Lizards ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: outdoorsman at Tue Sep 26 09:00:01 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by outdoorsman ]  

To raise them I use like a 5 1/2 gallon aquarium, screen top, and some egg cartons that are vertical in one end, I have some heat tape under, they need like 85 to 88 degree temps to breed.I ordered like 25 adults,(you have to specify when you order)they like it dark, so papered the sides,and lay a piece of cardboard on top.Now , the issue is you guys live where its warmer,so, I know they will not ship to some states.These are tropical roaches, so supposedly they will not live if escaped here(Michigan).The lobster roaches are harder to handle(can climb glass), but they breed like crazy.I was shocked the first time I went to get a "few" for the HL's and turned over the egg cartons, it was swarming with them, all different sizes.Fireside,could impaction be more an issue of large size/dehydration????Curious, also these came from florida, could it be possible they ate larger things there since relocated there and can handle larger insects??My small one has grabbed a few that the larger one was supposed to get,(could not get to him before he got to the roach)He is fine with it, I also try to give them some crickets or usually ants before a few roaches.Also make sure they get a good drink now and then,To make sure they are hydrated.The little one is really putting on some size, the medium one is a female,and she is doing real well also,but like i said, she tries to get over my hand if i see she is going for the littler ones roach.I know they will not ship to , I think its arizona and one other, florida?not sure.The dubia's roaches are wider sorta,lobsters are more length/thinner.Dubia's aren't reproducing yet, but can't climb glass so make it easier to handle, they eat slices of apples, cantalope, ground dog or fish food is good also.take care scott.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Roaches!! - Cable_Hogue, Tue Sep 26 09:29:46 2006

<< Previous Message:  RE: Roaches!! - Cable_Hogue, Tue Sep 26 08:31:09 2006