return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Dear mr Blain…

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Mountain/Tree Dragons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: FroggieB at Fri Sep 29 22:15:00 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by FroggieB ]  

Wow! I am so sorry to hear that you are dealing with this! I hope you will email me at some point as I do have so many questions, I just haven't found them all yet!

I know you have read my site and know how I feel about pet stores and the reptile industry. I use plant saucers for water dishes. I get most of my supplies from hardware shops, dime stores, garden centers and nature. I do like coir fiber but usually mix it with sphagnum peat.

I also use calcium and vit. d for my animals. I have purchased the UVB tubes but will admit that I don't pay much attention to how long I have had them.

I started my first breeding group in a 2.5 x 2.5 x 5 long' greenhouse. I hate to admit it but I had better breeding numbers in that viv than I do in my 30 x 30" by 4' tall vives. All I have gotten in the taller vivs is Stomatitis and other infections with my capra. I am beginning to think that the 1 x 3' floor space per animal is way too small for optimal health. At that rate you would have to sanitize the floor space daily.

I will admit that I have a little foliage in my vivs but it is minimal at best and certainly not enough for hiding in most of the vivs. In the armata viv there is only one vine of silk ivy and the rest is barren. They lay pretty calm as long as I don't move to pick them up. Even then 2 are pretty tame while the male and one female are hissy and snappy.

Anyway, what I am saying is that I don't buy into the fancy stuf that all the big boys try to sell us either. I am all about trying to figure out what our animals like and what makes them thrive. If it works, it works!

I hope to enchange ideas with you for a long time. I hope to see your ideas on this forum for a long time. I may not agree with all of your ideas but I won't ever condem them. I have tried many of them and am always excited to see your results.

Too many nosey and rude people out there.

Reminds me of what is going on with me right now. We are negotiating on a building for our antique shop. The soon to be landlord and ourselves are not telling anyone here anything until we have a contract. Someone must have seen our car or truck in the parking lot and now they are grilling the lady that owns the building trying to find out what's going on. Why can't people just live and let live?

Anyway, Jobi, hang in there, there are a lot of us here that want to hear your 'extreme' ideas.
-----
Marcia - FroggieB Dragons
www.froggieb.com/MHDHome.html

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Dear mr Blain… - damnitbonnie, Sat Sep 30 08:48:46 2006

<< Previous Message:  RE: Dear mr Blain… - jobi, Fri Sep 29 20:33:26 2006