return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: OHHH, Jobi...............

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Mountain/Tree Dragons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: FroggieB at Fri Oct 6 00:03:40 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by FroggieB ]  

Oh, like the "fine print"! Safety door, last chance exit, if it doesn't happen you are covered!

I realize that you can't just promise to send dragons out. Hey, if it could happen that would be wonderful. There are also the issues of shipping across the border. I would love to work with some of the less common species. But you also have to understand that I waited 8 years just to find out my capra probably aren't capra! And waited 5 years to have my first armata just to watch them fail in my care. Then another small group that I lost, a bunch of money down the drain, and finally this beautiful group that I have now after 6 years of working with MHDs. I didn't have my coronata variants until 5 years into my work either.

I give you a lot of credit for my armata looking so great too. The really turned around when I added the light inside the viv.

I have been patient in aquiring the 3 species that I have now. I have to admit that I am quite envious of your ability to work with so many wonderful species but have to be realistic in that I am working outside of my home 6 days a week and 8 hours a day. If I get the lease on the building I am looking at I will have double the space and will have to be open 7 days a week. On the plus side I may have a room at the shop where I can have my reptiles there with me! I would love to be able to check on them while I am at work. Then I might be able to manage more cages.

By the way, I put the second basking light in with the gravid armata last night and low and behold, the more gravid female, the one where you can see such defined lumps in her sides, was soaking again this morning and this evening she was on the ground under the edge of the lower light. The other gravid female was under the light that is over the branch on the other side midway up. Previously she had been up in the top. So, they are really using those lights now!

I am just hoping that she isn't past her due date. It is so hard to know. I have no vets so I am, as always, on my own here. I have seen no digging activity so I am trying my darndest to be patient. She does return to the branches at night to roost. She looks good, color is good. In fact she is the most beautiful I have ever seen her. She has beautiful rose colored patches scattered over her and on her face. She has the dark squiggles below her eyes almost like the markings on the coronata but not all the way to the mouth. She has never been that colorful but is almost regal looking right now. Must be the maternal glow!

I will try to post pictures soon.
-----
Marcia - FroggieB Dragons
www.froggieb.com/MHDHome.html

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: OHHH, Jobi............... - jobi, Fri Oct 6 02:16:07 2006

<< Previous Message:  RE: OHHH, Jobi............... - jobi, Thu Oct 5 23:19:19 2006