return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Very Gravid Armata

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Mountain/Tree Dragons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: FroggieB at Fri Oct 6 11:01:04 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by FroggieB ]  

So, do they all get that pretty pink/rose color when they are close to laying? I know that some Chameleons change color when they are gravid, sort of a touch me not color. I haven't seen this with any of my other Acanthosaura species.

Getting Oak leaves in South Dakota is a tall order. We aren't known for deciduous trees. In fact, here in the plains most of our deciduous trees are soft wood trees. The most common being cottonwood and hackberry and along the rivers and streams lots of willows. You will see the rare maple or elm but almost never an oak or walnut. In the hills you see lots of pine, cedar and juniper. The cedar and juniper are also scattered along wind-rows, streams, and river banks.

So, I asked my landlord if he know of any oak trees and he told me there might be a stand between the marina off the river and the streem that connects it to the old reservoir. I don't know if I will be able to get out this evening but maybe I can talk hubby into a treck. That is someplace we have never been. Otherwise I just don't know where I could hope to find them.

If I do, and they lay, or even one lays, within 24 hours, you can surely have a pair if we can figure out how to make the deal. I don't have means of exporting. Maybe a trade for one of your beautiful new species or their offspring!

We just may have to make a trip to Canada. That would still be a long ways from you but perhaps a chance meeting somewhere inbetween!

I guess we have to get the eggs laid first then we'll worry about the specifics!
-----
Marcia - FroggieB Dragons
www.froggieb.com/MHDHome.html

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  Found the oak leaves, What now? - FroggieB, Fri Oct 6 17:29:35 2006

<< Previous Message:  RE: Very Gravid Armata - jobi, Fri Oct 6 03:03:08 2006