return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Lateralis should be good - more.........

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Mountain/Tree Dragons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: damnitbonnie at Wed Oct 11 07:16:03 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by damnitbonnie ]  

I'm back. Went to the NARBC show this weekend. Had fun.

I find the lateralis to be very fast. I've tried feeding from several sized bowls and always get loose roaches in the tank. My armata tank has a small colony started. I try to pick out the eggs. The armata don't seem to be very interested but maybe I haven't hit on the right size yet.
I've put small nymphs in with the baby capra and they go unnoticed also.
When feeding the others I put them in a cup (like the ones you get Betas in) and put it in front of the dragon trying to keep it's feet out of the cup. I still get some that bolt over the dragon.

Steve, At the show I found some of the clay balls you use. I got enough for one tank to start. The dealer says I can accomplish the same thing with gravel. Also said I should put some filter floss (which is actually batting from a fabric store) between the substrate and clay. He was selling peices for $10. Nice markup.

Ryan, I've been taking Monroe out of the tank when the females get big. Otherwise he just chases them around. I did notice that some of the other females were curious and came down to investigate when one of them started digging. Genie seemed to be protecting her nest even after she covered it. She ran at me and hissed when I started to remove the eggs. If I had waited a bit longer I believe she would not have done this. None of my other dragons have showed this behavior. Don't know if it makes a difference but she is a wild caught and the I've only had her for about 6 months.

Bonnie
-----
BONNIE

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Lateralis should be good - more......... - jobi, Wed Oct 11 12:38:33 2006

<< Previous Message:  RE: Lateralis should be good - more......... - FroggieB, Tue Oct 10 18:42:57 2006