return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Anyone els experienced this…

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Mountain/Tree Dragons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: FroggieB at Mon Oct 23 18:08:59 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by FroggieB ]  

the laying mash here in the states is ground grains mixed with calcium, vitamins and minerals. It is formulated for high egg production and well calcifified shells on the eggs.

A lot of earthworm breeders use it claiming increased egg production with earthworms. I can't argue as I got great results using it to raise my mealies.

The argument that was raised with using this product is that there are trace poisons in it and that used over time these toxins accumulate in the livers of the baby reptiles. I was told to sacrifice one of my babies at 1-year to study the liver to see if this was the case before I decide that layer mash was really safe.

I don't know enough about biology to do this study and my production is too low to do this. Maybe this is a study that Jobi is up to! I don't know, I have to also wonder if this isn't just the brainwashing of the industry that wants to sell us the insect chow that costs $3 for a little jar!
-----
Marcia - FroggieB Dragons
www.froggieb.com/MHDHome.html

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: Anyone els experienced this… - jobi, Sun Oct 22 21:07:56 2006