return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

A couple of more options.....

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Photography Forum ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: chrish at Tue Nov 28 16:43:46 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by chrish ]  

First off,...here's a better example of the lighting the Stofen Omni-bounce gives (the last one was a little harsh and I am not even sure I used the diffuser) -

Another handy tool for use in the field is a collapsible flexible lightdisk. I have a couple of the Photoflex translucent disks in different sizes.

My smallest one folds down and fits in my back pocket but expands to 12" diameter when open. They are great for cutting back the shadows in bright sunlight. I use them a lot in the field when I want to use natural light (no flash) but don't want the harshness of the bright sun. It is like moving into the shade, but you don't lose as much light.

Here's one with just the diffuser up...

and here's one with the diffuser up to block the harsh sun and a little fill flash (with the Stofen Omni-bounce diffuser on the flash) -

-----
Chris Harrison
San Antonio, Texas

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  Thanks for the info. n/p - John Q, Wed Nov 29 19:29:23 2006
>> Next Message:  RE: A couple of more options..... - Colchicine, Fri Dec 1 12:19:16 2006

<< Previous Message:  RE: What Lighting do you use? - chrish, Tue Nov 28 15:13:08 2006