return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: care to try again?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Pacman,Horn,Budgett Frogs ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: EdK at Mon Dec 4 14:05:34 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by EdK ]  

From Canadianfrog's post
snip " You were trying to tell me that horned frogs use chitinase, which they definately do not! "endsnip

Did you even read what I wrote? That is not what I wrote (and is inconsistant with my position all along). I wrote and I'll cite it below that horned frogs do not have any significant levels of chitinase therefore chitin is harder for them to digest than bone.

My quote specifically snip In the case of horned frogs, the bones are easier to digest as this is the primary source of calcium for the frogs) and they lack any significant levels of chitinase (otherwise you wouldn't be able to identify cricket parts in the fecals"endsnip

Now from Canadianfrog's earlier posts (which you are now conviently ignoring your position) that insects are easier to digest as supposedly chitin is easier to digest than bone...

snip "f bones are easier to digest then chitin, then one plus one must be seventeen. And the main part of a horned frogs diet in the wild is indeed other frogs. Perhaps you should get your information correct."endsnip

And now to your (Candianfrog's) next incorrect statement
snip "And you tried telling me that rodents make up the bulk of a horned frogs diet in the wild. Which is also not true!"endsnip

Actually I did not. I have stated several times that vertebrates make up more than 90% of the diet of horned frogs that this was mainly frogs but also includes rodents and birds.

If you cannot even keep the facts straight between several posts it is hard to believe that you have anything of merit to offer in the way of help...

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: care to try again? - CanadianFrog, Mon Dec 4 16:01:13 2006

<< Previous Message:  RE: care to try again? - CanadianFrog, Mon Dec 4 13:24:06 2006