return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: I got tagged by a Gaboon!!!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Viperidae ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: lubricus at Wed Nov 29 21:30:46 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by lubricus ]  

You know that drive to the ER I said that seemed like it took forever, I was just anxious the be in the hand of professionals! but to my horror this just wasn't the case, well not at first, when I entered the ER and got the attention of the ER nurse, I told her that I had been bit by a African Gabon viper! and that I needed medical attention an fast!! she was more concerned about if I had my health cared or not (paper work) and then she wanted to take my temps and blood perisher, I said what I need is a Doctor and NOW!!!

OK so Im finely in a ER bead and they hook me up to all the monitors stared a IV and start with the questions, like why were you playing with poisonous snakes, did you bring any antivenom, who should we call to get some? I even had to set the pace a bit know-one even knew how serious this could be!!! and after they talked to poison control and a few contacts that I gave them like Toronto Zoo, Buffalo Zoo, seaway Serpentarium, I started to get some serious attention.

I did start to feel a but better about the ER Doctor he seemed to be clewing in very well, and let me know that there were many venomous experts in contact with him, but at this point in time I was already sure I was out of the woods, enough time had passed and I knew it was probably a dry bite.

Hey guys Id like to apologize to everyone, I know that every-time someone screws-up like I did it can and sometimes does effect are right to keep reptiles, I'll stick with non venomous for now-on!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: I got tagged by a Gaboon!!! - phobos, Thu Nov 30 10:45:09 2006

<< Previous Message:  I got tagged by a Gaboon!!! - lubricus, Wed Nov 29 19:12:14 2006