return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Young Painteds Being Picky Eaters..etc.

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Painted Turtles ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Herpwrangler17 at Sat Dec 2 12:57:18 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Herpwrangler17 ]  

Thank you so much for your response and advice Linda. I really do appreciate help from other herpers and I will follow your advice and just allow their picky behavior to continue.

In response to your question, I have been keeping their water temperature at around 70-76 degrees Fahrenheit and their basking platfrom is between 85-90 degrees Fahrenheit. They just love sitting up on their special and easy to clean turtle ramp. They also absolutely adore the new log I have placed in their tank with artifical plants sprouting off of the surface. The plants that break the surface of the water are used to sleep on and they enjoy the security and camouflage benefits from all the vegetative cover in their aquarium.

As for the calcium related problem. I want to feed them calcium rich food sources but I can't seem to get any calcium into them. They won't touch the cuttle bone, the powdered calcium just breaks up and dissolves in the water and doesn't benefit them in any way, and they won't eat any phoenix worms. Is their a way for me to supply them with the calcium they need for healthy and normal shell/bone growth? If you could help me out with this and maybe offer some alternative means to give them calcium, it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I noticed that other forum members and you included can post images of your turtles and other herps after your response to a question. How do you do that? I would really like to post my beautiful and absolutely gorgeous habitat that I've created for both baby painted turtles and an adult reeve's turtle. Can you help me out regarding this? As always, thanks for your response.

_Dennis

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Young Painteds Being Picky Eaters..etc. - Linda G, Sat Dec 2 19:45:51 2006

<< Previous Message:  RE: Young Painteds Being Picky Eaters..etc. - Linda G, Sat Dec 2 08:40:18 2006 image in post