return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Dennis.....

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Painted Turtles ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Herpwrangler17 at Sun Dec 3 14:38:16 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Herpwrangler17 ]  

Hey Linda, I'm glad you enjoyed the photos. As for your question, if you're referring to the reeve's turtle photographs and the accompanying picture of it's captive habitat, the pillar-like things in the aquarium are actually specially cut PVC pipes that I used in designing the habitat setup for the turtle. Because of her cumbersome weight, she needed a platform in which she could completely emerge out of the water and bask in the warm rays of an accompanying heat lamp, without breaking through the platform; it needed to be strong enough to support her weight, but reasonable enough in size so as to not make her feel cramped and stressed in her tank. So, as a result, with some collaboration, research and trial and error I have created a stable basking platform on which she can warm herself to her heart's content. The turtle dock, that can be bought at any pet store, was used as a transitional structure from the water onto the platform, which is made of a pane of glass siliconed along the edges and to the PVC pipes supporting it of course.

If this is not what you were wondering about, then I'm sorry for making you read all that. If it has to do with the midland painted turtle habitat setup, then let me know specifically what you're referring to so that I can answer your question the right way. Anyway, thanks for your help and keep checking back for more photos; I'm uploading new ones almost every day (or other day). Catch ya later.

_Dennis

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Dennis..... - Linda G, Sun Dec 3 19:05:30 2006

<< Previous Message:  Dennis..... - Linda G, Sun Dec 3 08:34:20 2006