return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: New red tegu acting stange.....

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Tegus ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: raingerjoe at Wed Dec 6 11:44:06 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by raingerjoe ]  

Ok,

I took out the under tank heater about 2 hours after i put it there, because i was worried it would hurt her since she wouldn't come out. (i figured it would be better for her to be colder than hot, being from paraguay and all.)
Anyways, looks like she just wants to hibernate, she still won't come out, and i don't want to disturb her anymore. Her basking temp at the highest point of her cork bark is 98 F to 110 F, depending on what time you take the temp. early morning is lower because i haven't given the light enough time to heat up. when i get home it is always between 105 F and 110 F.
Oh ya and i turn off both the heat lamp and uvb at night, so it gets down to about 77 F to 80 F in the whole enclouser.
I also measured her and she's exactly 15 & 1/2" inches, total length. I also thought that she was a little small for 6 months old, but i asked the breader and he told me that he only feeds them about 2 to 3 times a week, since he has so many.
Well thats about it.
I hope she turns around.
Thank you for all your help it is greatly appreciated!!!

Jose......

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: New red tegu acting stange..... - toxicogenic, Wed Dec 6 20:23:17 2006

<< Previous Message:  RE: New red tegu acting stange..... - toxicogenic, Tue Dec 5 20:13:10 2006