return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: News of acanthosaura…

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Mountain/Tree Dragons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: FroggieB at Mon Dec 4 15:34:29 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by FroggieB ]  

I'm so happy for you! Also glad to see you posting again, you have been missed!

I do understand you not posting pics. I just found that one of my photos, well, not even mine but one that was given to me to be used on my site, was being used in a classified ad. It was supposidly given to the seller by his wholesaler and he said he didn't know it was copyrighted. I swear the photo of the gono that he was using as another MHD species was one of your gono photos but since you took all of yours down I couldn't verify it.

I get so tired of having to put that copyright across all of my photos. It is too darned time consuming! This guy then had the brass to chew me out because I cost him a weeks worth of sales! He doesn't realize that he and all of the other jerks who are selling their CH babies that they learned to hatch because of my article and our hard work for $15-25 each are costing me sales and putting me in a bind too. I can't get rid of my babies and it is costing me too much to feed them. I want to learn to incubate but what is the use?

I have a capra-like that is gravid but what am I to do with the babies once they hatch?

Then there are kids biting the pet shops lies hook line and sinker believing that thier MHDs are CBs so they won't even look at my animals. I don't know why I am doing this any more!

Jobi, can you remind me? I love my animals, and I love the exchange of information with all of you here but what am I to do with the hatchlings? I can't afford to keep them all!

I am really happy for you and I am excited to have 3 gravid armata but I am worried about the idiots that are out there marketing these animals. The fact is that they are still considered disposible pets and are no more to the reptile industry than guppies are to the fish industry.

Tell me I am wrong and give me a little piece of hope here someone. I get into this funk every now and then because of the jerks out there. I need someone to give me a moral boost here! Please!?!

-----
Marcia - FroggieB Dragons
www.froggieb.com/MHDHome.html

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: News of acanthosaura… - Ryan2691, Mon Dec 4 16:45:56 2006
>> Next Message:  RE: News of acanthosaura… - EMWhite, Mon Dec 4 19:02:59 2006
>> Next Message:  RE: News of acanthosaura… - jobi, Mon Dec 4 19:39:57 2006

<< Previous Message:  News of acanthosaura… - jobi, Sun Dec 3 16:07:44 2006