return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: News of acanthosaura…

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Mountain/Tree Dragons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: EMWhite at Mon Dec 4 19:02:59 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by EMWhite ]  

Marcia,
I know exactly what you mean. I get into the same moods every once in a while. For different reasons, but still. There is no excuse for you feeling the way you do. If these lizards have any successful following in this industry, it's because of you. If there are any informed people out there working at pet stores where these animals are sold, it is because of you. If these lizards continue to be bred, and their following continues to grow, however slowly, it is because of you. If there has been any increase in the success people now have with these lizards, it is because of you. Don't lower yourself. Don't feel like no one respects you, or values your opinion. You have been doing this longer than most, and for those who have been doing it longer than you, you have been, almost certainly, more successful.

As I have said, your "Reptiles" article was the reason I got into this. I don't pretend to be an authority on these lizards, or regard myself as some expert. I've kept these lizards successfully for days under a year. Yet, all the interest I have for these animals, the foundation of my knowledge for them, came from you.

We've never even met, and I doubt we ever will, but what certain people have done for bearded dragons and leopard geckos you have started to do for these lizards. There will be a day, with the ease with which they breed and their large clutch sizes, when these lizards are available in mass numbers. Look at now, there are hundreds (maybe even thousands), being born and sold into pet stores and at shows every year, all of whom are captive bred individuals. You started this. You are the person we all regard as the expert. Haven't you noticed that whenever someone has an emergency question, they ask for you? Everyone I know who owns a horned lizard, either has heard of "FroggieB" or has been to your webpage.

I attended a party last night at my work, (a pet store), one of our regular customers, who attended, rescued a badly wounded MHD from our local chain pet store about six months ago. They brought the lizard with them to the party, we got to talking, about how she rehabilitated it, and about how it laid 16 eggs, and how it had a broken leg when they bought it. This lizard was in pretty bad shape when they got it, so they had an even tougher job than most who buy wc MHDs. She almost quoted your web site to me. Everything she learned about their care, and breeding, their conservation status, the parasite issue, even what it meant to say that a lizard was "wc" came from your web site.

There you have it. Cheer up, you expert you

Regards, Evan

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: News of acanthosaura… - Ryan2691, Mon Dec 4 19:42:50 2006

<< Previous Message:  RE: News of acanthosaura… - FroggieB, Mon Dec 4 15:34:29 2006