return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Hi Dennis

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Painted Turtles ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Herpwrangler17 at Wed Dec 6 18:22:05 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Herpwrangler17 ]  

Dear Linda,

Thank you so much for your feedback/response to my water heater question. I was considering getting a red heat lamp to keep the water warm enough at night so that my painteds could stay comfortable at an optimum temperature. Unfortunately, this would mean that I would have to buy another heat lamp and an extension for the power outlet in addition to the red heat bulb. I found my old water heater that is perfect in size and temperature output for the young turtles and I decided to use that instead. I also constructed a protective barrier around the heater so that there was no chance of the cute little guys burning themselves on it. The heater is set at 76 degrees Fahrenheit and I'm sure that now they will be happier and healthier in their new and improved turtle haven. Thank you again for your advice and I hope to talk to you soon. Oh and by the way, your photo of your iguana wearing the hat and glasses is histerical. In some way, with the spines on its back and its overall complexion, it seems like your iguana has an uncanny resemblance to Ebenezer Scrooge. lol. I don't know, maybe it's just me; it was the first thing that popped into my head. Anyway, great picture and happy holidays.

_Dennis

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Hi Dennis - Linda G, Tue Dec 5 20:35:47 2006 image in post