return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

Rosy not eating still. . . .

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Rosy Boas ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: BRB_Russ at Thu Dec 7 10:35:29 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by BRB_Russ ]  

Ok . . My rosy now hasnt eat'n in about three weeks.

I've tried to get it to eat but i believe the root to getting her to eat again is to find out why she isnt eating.

Let me know if you see anything wrong with my setup.

she is ~ 6 months old (i guess) she is about a foot long and as think as my ring finger at its greatest (im a pretty big guy)

She is in a 10gal tank with Aspen bedding, she has under the tank heating as well as a non-luminesant basking bulb. She has a open metal screen on top of the tank (for humidity control) and i only put water in her tank a few times a week. She has a house to hide in (that she rarely uses) the ambiant temps are usually from 75-82 But i assume its more at the substrate level because of the under the tank heat.

I have tried manny things to get her to eat. I have been trying to give her fuzzy mice (she has eaten them in the past) The first time she refused to eat she killed the mouse and let it sit. I left the dead mouse in there for a couple hours and she just couldnt be bothered. Now she just barely acknowlages that there is a mouse in her tank. The mouse will walk all over her head etc and she just doesnt care! I have put her in a small brown bag with a mouse for over 3 hours! NOTHING! I then left her in a brown cardboard box (small) with the mouse overnight and when i checked on her i see the mouse suckleing on her tail!!!!

Im super frustrated, my next step is to try to feed it a pinky (im told they like smaller prey . . .

Sorry for the long post but im just hopeing to get some good advice.

-Russ
-----
Russ
1 Brazillian Rainbow Boa (< 1 year old)
1 Rosy Boa (G/F's Snake)

Somehow i have to feed both?!
Melbourne, Fl

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Rosy not eating still. . . . - Spankenstyne, Fri Dec 8 00:19:44 2006