return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: A New Year Greeting and 2007

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Horned Lizards ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: fireside3 at Mon Jan 1 05:09:46 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by fireside3 ]  

Happy New Year Repto ( and belated Merry Christmas ).

The scientific research permit is $50 for 3 years and allows collection, but does not allow propagation. Two letters of recommendation are required from appropriate authorities in a biology/wildlife field, as well as a Memorandum of Understanding with TPWD. You have to submit reports as well as statements of the scope of your research.
The endangered species propagation permits are $300 the first year with a $50 application fee, and $550 for the following 3 years. The propagation permit does not allow collection.
No permit is required for modestum as long as you have 10 or less in your possession. Any more than that, or 25 total of any non-game species, and you need a non-game collection permit.

I'm working on some real good stuff right now that hopefully I can release soon. It's more on Pogo's, formic acid, and metabolism. Got a couple of people with biology/microbiology backgrounds helping out. One studying to be a USAF pathologist. I'm going to try to do an "energy balance" on the makeup of Pogo's, hopefully with some university assistance, to ascertain caloric intake from ants and where formic acid may fit in as a very simple "fatty acid" or building block to provide caloric energy. I'm looking now towards the fact that it may indeed be a primary nutrient rather than just beneficial to gut flora and an antiparasitic.

My girl got me some succulents to put in the tanks for decoration. I've just noticed that the two that are in with the solare that are still up, has been shredded. Don't know whether they were climbed on or chewed on as I haven't looked closely yet.

Head Bobs!
-----
"A man that should call everything by it's right name, would hardly pass the streets without being knocked down as a common enemy." The Complete Works of George Savile, First Marquess of Halifax 1912,246

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  A New Year Greeting and 2007 - reptoman, Sun Dec 31 09:05:17 2006