return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

I'm in the same boat...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Herps and Kids ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: T1tanrush at Fri Jul 13 19:32:26 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by T1tanrush ]  

Well, maybe you guys can offer some advice here... I currently keep 2 garter snakes, a 2.5-3 ft female and a 2 ft male. Originally when we moved out I was told no snakes, I kept a few lizards and not much else in terms of herps. I caught one garter at a friends house and was aloud to keep it outside but it eventually escaped the pail and got away. 3 years ago I managed to persuade them to let me catch a garter using the " You let me keep tons of them as a kid, why not now? " I had the female I currently own and a baby. The baby passed away and earlier this year I convinced them to let me get a friend for my female. I caught the male. I've provided all the care for these snakes, Payed for every thing including building a 200$ cage for the female garter and paying 10$ a week for food for her. I currently also have a 20 gallon tank with a few fish, an aquatic frog in a 10 gallon (african clawed frog) and a betta. I'm interested in keeping an indigo or a bullsnake, but my parents aren't fond of me having another snake, espcially one that is a bit larger then little garters. My mom was raised in a house where she was taught to hate pets and she never had any. My dad's siblings had tons of exotic things but never much himself. So I've cared for my snakes flawlessly and my other pets for years. I've asked and they say " you have garters you don't need more ". Suggestions?

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: I'm in the same boat... - killr_silhouette, Fri Jul 13 22:40:35 2007

<< Previous Message:  RE: Parents and snakes - killr_silhouette, Thu Mar 29 05:48:48 2007 image in post