return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: I'm in the same boat...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Herps and Kids ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: T1tanrush at Fri Jul 13 23:33:35 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by T1tanrush ]  

16.5 right now, I'll be attending a college closeby so I'll be living at home. One thing though, I hate corns and balls. Every snake newb in the world has them. I've done extensive research on snakes since I was old enough to read and listen to animal planet. I was keeping snakes at 5-6 years old. Of course I research any animal throughly before I get it to ensure I can properly care for it. I love bulls and indigos, whereast most large snakes generally don't interest me (other than burms/RTB but I'm not planning to keep them until I have the space for that size snake). Funny thing about frozen mice, I just got my package from rodent pro of 200 pinkies to feed to my 2 garters and my african clawed frog, I was originally going to have to buy and install a freezer to keep it away from the food, but persuasion worked out after all and they are in the freezer. Currently no job, I was going to get one this year but by the time I applied for it I would work 2 months then quit, not really worth it as I can't keep it through school (too many advanced classes and other responsibilities) to be able to dedicate 30 weekly hours to a job. I do however fix and resell motorcycles and flip a nice profit, only got 1 done this year and I made 400$, I have a dirt bike I had given to me up right now and I should be getting 300 from it so I can afford it yes, the most expensive cost - buying an indigo, bulls are free locally from parks...

My snakes have never escaped since I've captured this last pair. The one that escaped before was like 6 years ago, basically it was in a 5 gallon bucket away from the house, this is where I had to keep it. A storm rolled in and the bucket blew over and it got loose, I was pretty young and trying to make it work but unlucky we had a bad storm (uncommon).

I've researched temperment I know if I can tame down some super aggressive garters I can probably tame down a wild bull, which I've read and heard are pretty easy to tame down, Indigo would be gotten young and I would handle it frequently enough to tame it. Size of cage isn't a real problem. My garter cage is 60" X 24" X 28", its a nice cage and works really well. Housing a large snake isn't much of a problem.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: I'm in the same boat... - killr_silhouette, Sat Jul 14 11:39:37 2007

<< Previous Message:  RE: I'm in the same boat... - killr_silhouette, Fri Jul 13 22:40:35 2007