return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

Not such good news, armata updates....

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Mountain/Tree Dragons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: FroggieB at Mon Jan 8 17:16:37 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by FroggieB ]  

I sure wish I could report some good news. All of my armata eggs were duds! My capra eggs were duds! Only things cooking that look good are the coronata eggs! I am down to 1.2 armata, the big male, the submissive female and the tiny female.

I guess that's what happens when you work too much!

By the way, my last gravid armata was pretty fat but her belly seems to be shrinking now. When I palpated her this morning I would swear the eggs are shrinking. There didn't seem to be many to start with. Do you suppose she is re-absorbing them? Why would all of the others die egg bound and this one, the submissive female, survive, if in fact she does?

I lost my largest female this weekend with her second clutch. I opened her and will report that the liver was what I am accustomed to seeing as a normal liver color in any animal I have ever butchered, not particularly dark by the standards of any I have ever seen. She was different from the other females I lost in that she did have some fat layers just as I had expected to find, as she looked so healthy. There were no egg follicles developing indicating that this would have been her final clutch. There were 16 eggs. The eggs on one side were all congealed together in a white waxy substance. In the other side they appeared to be normal. All of the eggs were gone, already hard and rubbery.

This has been a very hard winter for me! These last two females and the coronata female that I lost were all in a glass tank with moss and oak leaves over peat and coir fiber. There are 2 fluorescent tubes in the peak for daytime light and a 25 watt bulb on one end 24/7 for heat. They had a variety of mealworms, roaches, and nightcrawlers for feeders and their supplements were liquid calcium with D2 syrup and Stickytongue Farms Mineral-I. I was also spraying to make sure they were drinking daily. For future reference, did I miss anything?
-----
Marcia - FroggieB Dragons
www.froggieb.com/MHDHome.html

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  its a male!!! - jobi, Wed Jan 10 11:45:39 2007
<< Previous topic:  Good news…. - jobi, Sun Jan 7 14:36:19 2007