return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

Just really busy!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Mountain/Tree Dragons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: froggieb at Thu Jan 11 00:37:35 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by froggieb ]  

Jobi, I don't mean to be rude, just that we started the real move on the store on Christmas Morning. We packed the first 4 display cases and broke them down and moved them across and rebuilt them Christmas night. The next day we went full swing into packing mode with 3 ladies and 2 teens helping while hubby and miscellaneous men and boys began taking apart the cases and walls here and rebuilding them there.

We have almost completed the move in less than 2 weeks. All of the 6' and 8' display cases are up, the partitions are up the floor display cases are moved and the 10,000 pieces of our merchandise are packed and moved along with the merchandise of 40 consigners and a handful of dealers including one who has 600 sq ft of display area. All that remains is my brother-in-law who has about 100 sq ft of display area, lots of small items, and my 2 pcs and my office things.

My landlord has turned into a real jerk and as a result we are determined to be out by this Sunday. Then we will be very busy unpacking so we can get back to the business of selling again.

I wish I could have the luxury of being home all day to tend to my lizards but I have only an hour in the morning and then a bit more in the evenings to check them again. I was devastated when I opened the incubator and realized that at 3 months there was no shadow of an embryo in the armata eggs. I opened one to verify and found it to be hard and rubbery. My check of the different clutches proved all of the eggs to be bad. After losing 4 females, 3 armata, 1 coronata, I am very upset. But, the store is my bread & butter and I have many other people who are depending on me for their income there as well. That is what I have to push on right now. I have not been on the computer most days at all other than to ring up sales on my sales PC. The post I made for this thread was a rare post when I was up past my bedtime as I am again tonight. I will probably have a migraine in the morning as a result of my lack of sleep.

This store is taking precedence over many things. When I went to my orthopedic DR last time he wanted me to let him scope my knee because the cortisone shot has done no good. Within a month it is back to catching and going out on me. The x-rays don't show any damage and there isn't any significant arthritis so he feels that scoping is the only way he is going to find out what is really wrong. I can't do that though until the store is set back up! And then I have to train someone to cover for me before I can take the time off!

So, I think you can see that I am not being rude; I just haven't had the time to get on the PC. Maybe I shouldn't have posted my update when I didn't have the time to get back on and follow up. For that I will apologize!

I will not post again until my store is up and running and I have the time to check here on a regular basis if that is what you prefer.
-----
Marcia - FroggieB Dragons
www.froggieb.com/MHDHome.html

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: You guys are so rude… - jobi, Wed Jan 10 09:41:07 2007