return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: 50 days incubation.. is for real

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Mountain/Tree Dragons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: jobi at Fri Jan 12 16:56:11 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by jobi ]  

Sorry about your misfortune, I am familiar with these hard times.
This is why my lizards are such a good Exodus, they allow me time off my everyday worries.

The most interesting part is when I start working with a new specie, setting them up, raising them and breeding them, is really the basic, learning how to improve there husbandry until I feel I cant do any better is most fulfilling.
Then I start with a new specie, this is what iv been doing for 28 years.

I have worked mostly with endangered reptiles, my ethic has prevented me to share most of my work, however when I did share most keepers didn’t have a clue of what I was saying, in fact they did not understand a word, maybe my husbandry was way to different then all that’s been available.

In general the pet trade primer function is to sale products, they import disposable reptiles that sales products, a multitude of useless gimmicks.

Economically this is excellent, for the average keeper this is terrible as the money flows out of there pockets, and when the pet shops have made there $$ then its time for the keeper to feed the veterinarian $$.

Iv been exporting 99% of my babies to Japan, because they paid more, Canadian dealers are not interested in my babies, at least not if they are available wild at a lower coast, offering baby reptiles to private is a sure way to get a lot of problems, most peoples do not understand reptiles and eventually kill them (why armata-gonos are no good), to counter this I tried to offer young adults, this proved equally problematic, and most sold them as wild imports even though Iv given my word I hatched and grew them, I guess our word is not enough now days.

All this to say, I am not very keen on sharing my husbandry, especially when kids who don’t know what they say are trolling my threads, or arguing me on subjects they don’t understand in anyway, I am sharing for the few who are Serious about the animals they keep, I am sharing for guys like you so that you know and understand theirs no need to spend money on futile materials, I am sharing things even you and Marcia don’t understand (parasite control without drugs)

I don’t need to share, but doing so keeps me busy and helps you think out of the box. herpetoculture has raised keepers to stay in the damn box because it’s profitable.

I am willing to bet Reptile mag will never publish any story of mine if it doesn’t involve any commercial products, no matter how good the husbandry.

Even academic guru’s will not support anything in contradiction to there own studies, example Marcia hatched capra’s at 158 days, this is much faster then what’s documented, academics do not comprehend this as normal, how in the world can they understand me when I say mine hatch at 50 days? This is the twilight zone for them.
What’s important is the pleasure we get from our animals, this pleasure reside in simple things like obtaining free rocks and logs, leaf litter and sand, raising your own foods and enjoying watching your lizards thrive, achieving all this free is even more enjoyable.

rgds

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: 50 days incubation.. is for real - EMWhite, Fri Jan 12 18:08:03 2007

<< Previous Message:  RE: 50 days incubation.. is for real - damnitbonnie, Fri Jan 12 13:01:26 2007