return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

MayDay lemme ask ya a Q

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Mud & Musk Turtles ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: PHRatz at Tue Jan 16 20:47:56 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by PHRatz ]  

MayDay,
Didn't you tell me once that a 40 gallon regular tank is a pretty good size for a mud? Just as good as a 40g breeder?

That student of mine never did come through with the tank that may or may not have been a 40g breeder. Last I heard she almost got it out of the attic but didn't.
I described what I've been looking for but she didn't know what the measurements were.. just that it was wider & shorter than a regular fish aquarium.

So now I have found a 40 gallon tank that's bowed outward in the middle so the floor space in that area is very wide which is what Scooter is used to. His Rubbermaid box is 3 feet long and is 2 feet wide.. he couldn't get used to the crampedness of that 30 gallon I bought him before. It was so narrow compared to what he's used to, he hated it & so did I.

Now I am seriously thinking about getting that tank I saw at the pet store. There's plenty of room to have his hide box in the center of it, plenty of room for a floating dock on the side & of course then I'll probably end up having to get a new filter but.. that can happen later.
This 40g is on sale for 20 dollars off, I have gift cards totalling $130.00 I have a 100 cash that was also a Christmas gift I'd be out zero from my own pocket with $ left over.
I figure I can't beat that with a stick!

A regular but odd shaped 40g should work fine don't ya think?

We still have the 30.. we're seriously thinking about using it as a fish aquarium so it won't sit collecting dust.
-----
PHRatz

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: MayDay lemme ask ya a Q - mobiusone, Wed Jan 17 06:42:09 2007
>> Next Message:  RE: MayDay lemme ask ya a Q - mayday, Wed Jan 17 12:41:30 2007
>> Next Message:  RE: MayDay lemme ask ya a Q - phwyvern, Fri Jan 19 18:22:05 2007