return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Crotch Shots

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Mountain/Tree Dragons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: jobi at Fri Jan 26 22:52:54 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by jobi ]  

This specie is unlike coronata and most acanthosaura’s in that it doesn’t show hem penal bulge, especially at this size.
I said yours looks like a male to me because of its large nuchal spines, however this lizard may very well be a female? You will know for sure when introduced to other of his specie or if she lays eggs. Hears a photo of a known male and female, you be the judge!

Understanding reptiles parasites, This out dated booklet seems to turn every keepers into know it all vet tecks. I see them on many forums advising on thing they don’t really understand.
Treating reptiles with drugs is very dangerous for the animal, in most cases treatment causes more harm then good. These lizards have delicate organs that are easily damaged by drugs, droncit, panacur, flagel or any other drugs will do damage.

Panacure was massively prescribed 20-30 years ago by vets, because it was the drug that was considered the safest, so this became the generalised and accepted drug of choice across North America. Farther studies showed its limited use on most parasites, so many vets turned to droncit and even more turned to flagel.
This is a multi billion $$ industry, admitting any med is unnecessary would create chaos in the medical world, theirs no vet other then a true personal friend who will advise you to not treat your lizards.

I am telling you as a friend of your lizard, do not treat him, use proper husbandry and let him work with his parasites flora, some of those are vitally important to his organism others will be expulsed naturally, all this with no liver damages or any other organ damage and his immune system will remain intact.

When a lizard suffers from parasites, its your husbandry that needs fixing not your lizard, take it from someone with 30 years of herping under his belt, I have been in charge of 100,000s imports to show for, and have used all drugs and tried many possible ways of administration. You can’t compare this with most keepers experience.

Always remember this as it’s undisputable, a sterile lizard is a dead lizard final.
Regardless of what science says this fact remains.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Crotch Shots - j3nnay, Sat Jan 27 01:25:54 2007

<< Previous Message:  Crotch Shots - j3nnay, Fri Jan 26 11:10:09 2007