return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: This might make you smile : )

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Mountain/Tree Dragons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: jobi at Sat Jan 27 22:37:16 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by jobi ]  

I will ignore you when you deliberately try to flame me, and this you often do!
I have been offering information you are free to use or not, the problem is when you don’t understand or disagree with the information I offer, you post in contradiction to stir the put rather then debate about my views.
This is annoying and disrespectful for someone posting to help.

This post is a good example, your first statement implies the need for height (witch has nothing to do with your lizard clinging to the top) of course you knew why he’s doing this, your reference to heat shows your understanding.

You also make reference to open top, of course you know my take about open tops and why I don’t use them, this to you don’t understand.

In your lower post you show a nice acanthosaura ssp of the same specie we are discussing, of course your is much larger then those we posted, you showed the bulges of an obvious male, perhaps you think I am wrong in my statement about them not showing bulges? We they do but only when mature, many varanids are the same, some species show obvious bulges very young while others only bulge when sexually mature, this making sex id difficult. My intent was to inform the poster the animal was most likely a male even though others though it was female.

When I do this it is not in provocation and sure as hell not to argue, its simply to inform and help others, knowing these things allow to focus on things that matters most.

I post about lizards without concern for keepers, they don’t interest me in anyway, if the lizards do well my job is done.

Next year or the year after chances are you will no longer keep these lizards? however I have been keeping them a long time and will keep them long after you stop. Maybe this is why I make no efforts to be nice, however I am not rude either.
I do like your intellect and find your sense of humour delightful, but I am her to talk lizards not to make friends.

Now if you can honestly say you haven’t learn anything from me, that you don’t use any of my experience in your husbandry, then I am wasting my time on these boards.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: This might make you smile : ) - Ryan2691, Sun Jan 28 11:12:43 2007

<< Previous Message:  RE: This might make you smile : ) - Ryan2691, Sat Jan 27 17:06:32 2007