return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

IMPORTANT...MY FROG IS DYING

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Amphibians - General Forum ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: frog_legs213 at Sat Feb 3 22:44:53 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by frog_legs213 ]  

I've had Todda for 3 years now. I am almost positive that she's a bullfrog. She has not eaten for several months now. It's cold where I live. When she wasn't eating, I thought that it was b/c she was hibernating,until she started to lose weight. Then I got scared, so a few days ago I changed her tank set-up to fully water wtih an underwater heater set to 79 degrees. Still no eating.... Yesterday I bought a UVB light for her (2 percent which it says is recommended for frogs) and still...no eating.
As my last resort, I just started to force feed her. Since she's not eating I mixed into a paste Herptivit and Rep Cal.
In addition, I have not seen her feces for months. If she has something enlarged in her intestines, how long could she live with it there?
Also, she can no longer use her legs on land. One time she was trying to hide in her soil and b/c of her legs, she rolled on her side and just laid there b/c she couldn't get up. Her ankle on one leg is twisted and her other leg is messed up also. Her spine also appears to be curved alittle.

Someone PLEASE HELP ME IMMEDIATELY....

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: IMPORTANT...MY FROG IS DYING - daystorm, Sun Feb 4 09:19:26 2007
>> Next Message:  RE: IMPORTANT...MY FROG IS DYING - otis07, Tue Feb 13 15:56:53 2007
>> Next Message:  RE: IMPORTANT...MY FROG IS DYING - otis07, Tue Feb 13 15:59:41 2007