return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Help!!! Tiger Sals...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Salamanders & Newts ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: tegu24 at Sun Feb 25 22:52:25 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by tegu24 ]  

with the exception of one or two reports, not sure if they are confirmed or not, i have never heard of anyone successfully breeding any species of tiger sals. i keep 4 species myself and have had them for about 5 years now. i live in NY and was required to apply for a special import and possession permit prior to buying two of the species, one of which is the eastern tiger, which is an endangered species and is native to a small area of NY. some species may also require a federal fish and wildlife permit to own. you can aquire them without the permits, but it is considered illegal and they could be confiscated if the local authorities new you had them and chose to do so. it is illegal in all states to collect most species of native wildife without permits, espically if they are protected species, being caught doing so can result in jail time and fines up to $500.00 per individual animal you are caught with, at least in NY. if you look at it, you want to know where you can find some to catch and take from their native habitat, which reduces wild populations and makes natural breeding efforts more difficult, which can cause an even larger population decline, meaning you would be doing more harm then good. all of the sals i have have been purchased online or in local stores. keep an eye on the kingsnake amphibian classifieds, it is nearing breeding season and they will start showing up in the next couple of months.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Help!!! Tiger Sals... - Veemax, Thu Mar 1 10:05:02 2007

<< Previous Message:  Help!!! Tiger Sals... - Veemax, Fri Feb 23 15:56:13 2007