return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Hi guys!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Mountain/Tree Dragons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Spawn at Sat Mar 24 01:10:05 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Spawn ]  

Hello Bob:
They look phenomonal. Just like the couple I raised up. The biting, attacking behaviour is just so typical of the species it's kind of funny. By the pics they look very good so at least you have something to work with. All too often people start with animals in a down condition.
Now to get these guys eating regularly. They are a little bigger than I thought they were (that's why pics are important) and though they should chase the small crickets fine you might want to just put a couple three quater grown ones in there for them. Not a lot, maybe a half dozen at most.
Definitely try the bowls of meal worms. They should snap them up readily. And...just for an experiment why don't you try a small dish of finely chopped fruit (bright colors, maybe strawberry) garnished with some mealworms for movement. We may see that they'll take to it readily.
I'll rack my brain to see what I may be forgetting to tell you. I'm sure Jobi will be able to add something to this list. One of these days I'll get around to writing a care booklet on "Tree Dragons." I have lots of info, I just need the pics.
Good Luck and keep us posted. Though everything (cage included) looks fine, I won't feel secure until I hear from you that you've seen them eat. After setting up the feeder stations you may want to cover the cage partially and let them be for a day or two, monitoring them from peek holes. They look good, they should feed readily.
Take care and Have a Great Day!!!
P. S. Throw a few small feeder fish in the water. They may go after them.
Good Luck!!!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Blue head tree dragons… - jobi, Sat Mar 24 02:17:10 2007
<< Previous topic:  Just finished a photographic faeces chat - jobi, Fri Mar 16 20:35:12 2007