return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Jeff… Incubating in the dark…

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Mountain/Tree Dragons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: jobi at Thu Apr 12 03:47:41 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by jobi ]  

I am sorry you misunderstood my post, it’s quit alright don’t worry about it, but pleas if theirs anything you don’t understand from me, pleas say so!
The main reason I post on these forums is to practise my English, progress is terribly slow for an old frog. lol
To be honest I am both surprised and happy you guys understand most of my English, I already consider this a success over language barriers.

Now to the point!
I said most breeders will advise you to incubate in darkness, this is true!
However theirs no benefits in doing so, in fact incubating eggs with a light cycle may have virtues of its own?

I am willing to bet, your lizards colors will improve with every generation if you incubate like I do, of course I will win hands down for having tested my theory on many species already.

Hear is how it works, stem cells, hypothalamus, photocells these are the embryo, all affected by heat and light and react to these stimuli’s.

The same way your lizard gets dark when cold and brightly coloured when heated up, the embryo reacts the same to heat and light, when stimulated at such an early stage color pigments reach there maximum potential, of course photocells keep developing as the lizard grows, but its overall color potential is greatly enhanced.

This is not documented, at least not that I know.

Rgds

The cycle of life is not about Constance, it’s about stimuli’s and variations.
Stagnant cells have nothing to live for, no motivation. (incubating at steady temps).
Variation in temps and light stimulate cells into growth and health, doesn’t matter witch being fauna-flora it’s the essence of life.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Jeff… Incubating in the dark… - 5Ancestors, Thu Apr 12 16:08:54 2007
>> Next Message:  PS - 5Ancestors, Thu Apr 12 16:12:15 2007