return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Yikes a fox, now we're it's toilet.

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Sulcata & Spurred Tortoises ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: PHRatz at Sun May 6 13:26:33 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by PHRatz ]  

>>Newspaper had another local rabid fox encounter... (this one roughly a mile from where I work)
>>
>>a rabid fox chased 4 people in a neighborhood and bit one person tearing his pants leg but not breaking the skin. The fox then ran into the yard of another person and bit him on the hand and arm breaking the skin. During the chases, the fox had jumped on 3 cars to try to get at people.

Man that's not a good thing!
When the man who lived next door years ago told me that he almost got a fox to come to him, I thought he was insane.
When that happened we had a lot of people in this region getting rabies shots because of their encounters with rabid foxes, bobcats, skunks, bats & housecats. It was on the TV news at least once a week & I guess he didn't watch the news. Heck back then even a local vet had been exposed to rabies through a rabid HORSE of all things.
It was bad around here at that time.

I've been waffling back & forth on whether or not to contact Animal Services.
That is because of the sulcata!
The city code on keeping "zoo" type animals is extremely vague when it comes to reptiles. It's very specific about monkeys & large dangerous animals like big cats but then falls back to vague when it comes to reptiles so I don't know for certain she's legal here, although baby sulcata are sold in local pet stores.

ALL the neighbors know she lives here, NONE of them care. Once nearly 2 years ago a police officer saw her & stopped to look at her & talk to me. The only comment he made about her is how COOL she is.. but still I'm reluctant to say hey Animal Services see what I've got! They can be really squirrely with people at times so I'm afraid to blatantly let them know she's here with us.

Now though I am finding fresh fox poop in my turtle pen on a daily basis. That thing is hopping in & pooping in my pen every single night & that's really starting to tick me off!
I dunno what I'm gonna do if anything.
I am off to pooper scoop though I know that much lol.
-----
PHRatz

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: Yikes a fox! - PHWyvern, Fri May 4 17:17:40 2007