return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Fire Belly Newts and Neon Tetras

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Salamanders & Newts ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: amoredelmorte at Fri May 11 22:48:23 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by amoredelmorte ]  

Um no, wrong my newts do well on the occasional feeder fry and such WTH are you talking about blind? They even see me coming from across the room and get ready to feed poor vision maybe so but they can definetly catch fish. It has no affect on the fish "FISH HAVE SLIME COATS FOR REASONS SUCH AS THIS"! I have done this for a long time many times over as well as friends and people that I highly look up to. Besides slime coats you have chemical filtration and water changes, water changes are my secret but I only run natural filtration from a waterfall and alot of drift wood along with terrestrial plants and aquatic ones ( trust me if set up right the terrestrial plants and wood can do alot of nutriant obsorbing and bio filtration) I have not once lost a fish in my palludariums and other type tanks. Sometimes in the one that I refer to mainly I need to remove fish that grow from my spawning fish fry ( not feeder fry) and are good at hideing from the newts. Its almost as if the newts know better and leave them alone they onle seem to go after the feeder fry at this point. ( FYI before I get one for the fry I raise my own and know of the quality they posses)

Care sheets can tell alot of BS to keep amatures in line till they get used to things.

You must be a one of those cynical types.

"FISH HAVE SLIME COATS" if this was so true about newts why is that fish are still found in the same places as newts? They would eventualy be in threat now wouldnt they? Sure but fish have evolved for this kinda stuff, the newts toxicity is the last thing a fish has to worry about seeing that most dangerouse disseas come from the water in general.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: Fire Belly Newts and Neon Tetras - otis07, Fri May 11 18:35:18 2007