return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Need Help With Fire Belly Newts

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to International Herp Forum ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: gaypride_1970 at Sat Jun 9 06:26:06 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by gaypride_1970 ]  

Hello Everyone,

I am new here, but not so new to having newts. Cause I do have an oregon newt. I was in Super Pet yesterday, here in London, Ontario. I saw 2 newts with only a couple of legs. They were housed in with firebelly toads and they ate their legs off. That is what I was told. Talk to a supervisor, and reduced the price to $5.00 each. There was actually 4 in there and took all of them. 1 newt has 1 leg, 1 newt has 2 legs, 1 newt has 3 legs, 1 newt has all 4 legs but a sore on its tail. I did have them in with my oregon and he was fine with them. 2 were in the water and 2 were on the platform. Since doing some research, i ahve put them all in a 5 gallon tank and trying the dirt quarantine method. They really don't seem happy with this. I don't have another tank at the moment to put them in, and I am not sure about putting them back with my oregon. Cause I don't want him being affected with something. I don't know how to make them better. They haven't eaten yet, and I don't know when they were fed last at the pet store. The pet store said they ate bloodworms (frozen) in the water. I have bloodworms, but since I have quarantined, how can I feed them? Is there any kind of medication I can use to heal them, like polysporin? I also read some where about bathing them for 15 mins, in salt or some kind of fish medication. Is that ok? Thanks for any help. If you wish you can email me direct at gaypride_1970@yahoo.ca

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]