return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Pictures (and lots of them)

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Dart & Mantella Frogs ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Slaytonp at Tue Jun 12 19:41:29 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Slaytonp ]  

Hey, Andrew, keep posting pictures. I love all of your critters, especially the baby Crestie.

Who needs math anyway? As long as you have all of your fingers and toes and can count to 20, balance a check book, you'll be fine, at least after you get through organic chemistry and physics. I could do all of that stuff on a slide rule, years ago, without understanding a bit of it, but now it's even easier if you can take your calculator to exams.

I think the plant in question may be Fittonia vershaffei, possibly the variety, "Dark Star." While I do have some Fittonias with wet feet and low light, I keep this one high with good drainage, and in the only tank I really have strong light in. (90 W fluorescent 6700K--2 of them.) So I think that Trinian's assessment is correct. I believe I sent you a Fittonia cutting, but it was one of the silver veined ones that tend to be more forgiving of damp feet and low light, in which it tends to scraggle around etiolating to look more like a vine.

Congratulations on growing a Philodendron without killing it! You're making progress there. I will be eating crow in no time for teasing you. Just don't try orchids quite yet.
-----
Patty
Pahsimeroi, Idaho

D. auratus blue, auratus Ancon Hill, galactonotus orange, galactonotus yellow, fantasticus, reticulatus, imitator, castaneoticus, azureus, pumilio Bastimentos. P. lugubris, vittatus, terribilis mint green, terribilis orange.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Pictures (and lots of them) - AndrewFromSoCal, Tue Jun 12 04:36:58 2007