return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

Red Eyed Tree Frog (RETF) SICK! HELP!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Tree Frogs ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: quicksoul at Sat Jun 16 20:18:00 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by quicksoul ]  

I've worked with various reptiles (exotic pet stores & working in a veterinarians office) for about five years. In December of 2006 I was graced with two beautiful 6 month old Red Eyed tree frogs. I had never worked with Red Eyes or known anyone who has, but felt that I was ready to dive into something new and exciting!

The day I got them they adapted very quickly, easily and (hopefully) stress free to their new home. As one of my mentors always taught me, jumpy frogs are happy frogs! Since then, they have been eating (gut loaded crickets) amazingly and doing great!

Within the first week of having them I noticed a long white streak per-say on the glass of their tank. I figured that it was part of their excrement, but tried to research it online just to be sure. The only thing I found about it was that it possibly could be semen?

Within the past six months, I have noticed this long white streak a half a dozen times.

Yesterday one of my frogs (Mork) acting very strange. Very dark in color, being awake at 2pm and when falling back to sleep not tucking all of his toes in to look like the leaf he always does! I noticed on the glass one of the white streaks...

...upon further inspection I noticed that the white streak had separated into a million little streaks and they were all moving!!

I don't know what to do! I think they are roundworms! I'm new to Chicago and don't know who to talk to or how I can help poor mork!!

If anyone has any information on what I could do please PLEASE let me know asap!

Thank you so much!
-Sarah

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  What kind of frog is this ? - jennie, Mon Jun 18 13:01:55 2007
<< Previous topic:  Feeding video of Litoria infrefrenata - Herp13, Sat Jun 16 10:13:35 2007