return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

A Day in My Herp Life -12 Eventful Hours

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Dart & Mantella Frogs ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: triniian at Sun Jul 15 13:27:07 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by triniian ]  

So yesterday happened to be a very eventful day for me. I have been planning on setting up a 24x18x18 enclosure for my darts for a weeks now. I had lots of trouble finding this tank since this size isn't shipped by anyone.

Two weeks ago I got word that I could get one. I bouught all the goodies, the canopy,lights, substrates, etc to set it up and have been growing the plants for months.

Yesterday I picked up the tank and had such a great time setting it up. As my third viv, my setups and plant selection improves each time. In this one I have 3 types of Jewel Orchids and 2 Terrestrial Orchids. I have a patch of Spike Moss, a Diffenbachia Compacta and a Neon Pothos (so awesome looking!). I also have pillow moss, and two distinctly different Philiodendrons, as well as a Negorilia X Fire bromeliad that I took as a pup off its mother.

My 4 Coblat tincs have grown quite a bit so the goal was to move the group of 4 auratus to the 24x18x18 and split the Tincs into pairs, each pair having an 18X18X18 home to itself.

Well, I successfully transported 3 of the auratus to their new home. While trapping the 4th, he jumped straight out of the tank and onto the floor. In a blink I couldn't find him anymore!! These tanks are all in a 15x20 room sealed off from the world, so I new he couldn't escape. I tore the room apart, looked everywhere, under everything with no luck. I was devistated!!!

This morning, to my surprise, a green little flash caught my eye when I awoke. He was jumping across the floor! I quickly snatched him up and rinsed him in RO Water. I've put him in a 5qt container for the day to observe him and ensure that he eats, etc before putting him back.

I am so relieved! I thought for sure he was gone. Now everyone has been moved to their new homes. Phew... a new tank and a lost frog in the same day and a found frog the following morning - an emotional rollercoaster for me!

I'll be sure to get some pics and post them soon. Thanks for reading!
-----
-Iman

1.1 BRBs (Ying and Yang)
1.1 JCPs (Striker and Sheila)
0.0.2 BPs (Spot and Speck)
0.0.4 Dendrobates Tinctorius 'Suriname Cobalts'
0.0.4 Dendrobates Auratus 'Costa Rican Green and Black'
5.5 Fish (Insert your favorite names here)
1.0 Miniature Daschund (Rue)

Loving to Learn
Learning to Help
Helping to Love

Stimulate debates, stifle arguments.
Please be nice always.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  Pairing Tincs - triniian, Sun Jul 15 13:31:21 2007
>> Next Message:  RE: A Day in My Herp Life -12 Eventful Hours - Slaytonp, Sun Jul 15 20:27:52 2007
>> Next Message:  Viv Pics - triniian, Mon Jul 16 22:42:46 2007