return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

This Forum saves herp lives, Thank You

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Amphibians - General Forum ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: snakelady2 at Mon Jul 16 12:33:36 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by snakelady2 ]  

I've wanted to say this for several years to everyone who posts on this forum (don't know why it took me so long, but here I go).

THANK YOU! Thanks to everyone who has posted advice and answers to questions that my husband and I have posted. I want you all to know that we have two herps that would have passed away a long time ago had it not been for all the opinions/advice on this forum. Our milksnake adobe was an adoption. It was obvious after I cleaned her cage when I got home that she had not been properly cared for. Y'all told me what was wrong, ticks, mites, worms, severe respiratory infection, and the list goes on and on. Well, the vet didn't think she'd make it, but I followed the advice of this forum as well as vet instructions and now in spite of the fact her lungs have “sealed themselves off” in the middle because of the damage, the vet says he can't believe how healthy she is.

ALSO OUR PAC MAN FROG was refusing to eat. We tried everything, different temps, food, position of tank (it's a 10gal), live food, pre-killed, you name it. Nothing would work and it had been 4 months since he ate. We took him to a vet and we didn't know it, but this vet should have refused to see us because she had no idea in Hell as to what she was doing (sorry I still get a little angry. We obviously don't go to this vet anymore). Ok so she gives us appetite stimulants and all this other crap and says to feed them several CC's a day of this "carnivore mix" that I think was for dogs. OK, so after the 2nd feeding I said, "that's it, this can't be right." But my frog had already had an impaction (I couldn't tell at the time and I went out of town on business). 24hrs later my poor husband was unnerved because my pac man was now 3Xs his original size. He got on kingsnake.com and it said to use a "hot pad on the side of the tank" in the frog forum. He did and it saved my pet's life. Although these are not domesticated animals, I am so very attached to them and as far as my husband and I are concerned, they're members of the family. THANK YOU AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR OPINIONS AND ADVICE!!!!!! IT DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]